The following policies apply when you sign up with the Penn School of Taxidermy:
- Students are responsible for clean up of their work areas each day.
- Students are responsible for the care of the assigned tool kits and safe use of all equipment.
- The School will supply the best quality specimens available (at no charge), but we cannot guarantee prime fur quality specimens. Any specific request for specimens is subject to availability and instructor approval. If students wish to ensure they work on specific specimens with prime fur, we encourage them to obtain specimens prior to attendance. Students are responsible for obtaining all documentation, permits, etc. required to obtain, possess, and transport specimens to and from the school. Please check with YOUR LOCAL FISH AND WILDLIFE OFFICE for information if you are bringing your own specimens.
- Students are required to bring two sets of deer antler for Course #1, four sets of antlers for Course #2 and one set of antlers for Courses #3 and #4. The school cannot supply these items.
- If a course is canceled by the School, there will be a full refund of deposit fees. If a student cancels or cannot attend a course the deposit will not be refunded but can be applied to the next course the student is able to attend. If a student does not complete the course for any reason the will be NO REFUND of tuition fees.
- Freezer space is available on request and is subject to availability. All specimens must be properly bagged and tagged for easy identification.
- Tuition fees will be paid in full prior to attendance.
- Training will be conducted Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Statutory holidays are observed and the course will not be extended. Schedule is adjusted so that training is not affected.